Not everybody wants a large, fancy, expensive wedding. Or maybe you just want the paperwork portion to be simple while you set up a party.
That’s where I come in.
I’ll make it simple.
- $50: Weekdays, 10am-8pm
- $60: Weekends, 11am-5pm
- $75: Outside of the above times
- Up to one hour of my time (excludes travel time – that’s on me!).
- I’ll sign your marriage license as a legally-appointed representative of a secular organization (the Universal Life Church).
- Marriage for everybody!
- I don’t care about your politics, religion, sexual orientation/identity, etc. If you can legally marry and have your license filled out, I’ll sign it!
- I’ll travel to you anywhere along a bus/light-rail line in Oregon’s Portland-Metro area (including the Vancouver, WA area).
- I can meet you at a park, courthouse, etc – it doesn’t have to be your house.
- Add $10 for locations in the Metro area that aren’t on a public transit line.
- I’ll deliver the completed license to the proper courthouse or recording office.
- This is typically the responsibility of the wedding officiant, but you are allowed to do this yourself if you prefer.
A simple service, with a simple fee, for a simple wedding.
And that’s that.
What I Don’t Do
Since this is a simple service, it does have limitations.
- No travel outside of the Portland-Metro area
- I do not perform wedding ceremonies (I just sign the papers – have anybody you like perform the ceremony later!)
- I do not dress formally. Expect jeans and casual attire (likely including a hat).
- I do not perform or participate in any religious rites, or read religious passages (or any passages for that matter). This is a non-denominational service.
- I do not discuss politics at any time.
- I do not officiate from my location, I can only come to you.
- I will not officiate in the presence of illegal substances (as defined by State Law, not Federal).
- I do not officiate for inmates.